During the bear market at the end of 2018, Global Funeral Care started with passion to solve problems that we believe are the biggest problems in the death care sector, such as: high costs, no transparency, and no possibility to make adjustment when (pre-)planning a funeral.
The end of 2019 is almost in sight and we want to keep you informed of the latest developments within our organization. A number of target dates have been adjusted, some tasks have been completed earlier and some have been moved to a later date. Furthermore, a number of new milestones have been added. Although we had to overcome a number of obstacles, we have come a long way. The launch of the beta version of the platform and the launch of the GFCS mainnet is very close and that is why we are very excited to share our new 2020 road map, which also contains information about the milestones for the remainder of 2019.
Milestones Completed in the Third Quarter of 2019
Global Funeral Care completed the following milestones in the third quarter of 2019. There are several completed milestones that were not previously visible on our public road map. We have added these milestones to our agenda in the third quarter of 2019. We have decided to include the ones worth mentioning in our new roadmap and to publish them in this article.
- Launch Referral Program
- Extensive website update in 8 languages
- Start marketing campaign
- Start exchange listing campaign
- Launch platform (alpha)
- Testing platform (alpha)
- Launch website (Bulgarian)
- Launch website (Indonesian)
New and Relocated Milestones
Milestones relocated to an earlier moment
- Start marketing campaign – The original intention was to start a marketing campaign to onboard users to the beta version of the platform once the beta version of the platform has been completed. However, we have chosen to offer users the option of pre-registering through a referral program where users receive monthly rewards for inviting new users to the platform. The referral program provides us with data that we use for demographic segmentation and geographic segmentation
Milestones relocated to a later moment
- Actively approach organizations operating in the death care industry to create mutual benefits – Global Funeral Care will first test the beta version of the platform with a select group of companies from the death care industry. In the third quarter of 2020 we will actively approach organizations operating in the death care industry with the aim to onboard them on the Global Funeral Care platform
- Launch GFCS (mainnet) – The launch of GFCS on the mainnet is relocated to the first quarter of 2020. The mainnet uses a Proof of Stake mechanism with the aim to create a decentralized and stable network. To achieve this goal, it is important that a large proportion of tokens are distributed fairly. At the moment, a small number of people and organizations have tokens in their hands, which can result in an unstable network. We have therefore decided to first launch the Beta version of the Global Funeral Care platform, followed by 3 monthly airdrops and then perform the swap
- Release wallets (mainnet) – The release of the wallets for the GFCS mainnet are also being moved to the first quarter of 2020 because the launch of the wallets is accompanied by the launch of the mainnet
- Launch Referral Program – The referral program is part of the marketing campaign that started in the third quarter of 2019
- Extensive website update in 8 languages – Due to the rapid changes in the blockchain space, we felt it was necessary to launch a new website with more extensive information about Global Funeral Care and GFCS. That’s why we launched a newly updated website, just a few months after the foundation of Global Funeral Care
- Additional exchange listing campaign – GFCS got listed on two exchanges in the third quarter of 2019. Users can trade GFCS on LATOKEN and p2pb2b. We aim that GFCS can be traded on various other exchanges and that is why we will organize an extra exchange listing campaign
Road Map 2019
- Start development platform (beta)
- Launch platform (beta)
- Testing platform (beta)
- Additional exchange listing campaign
- Launch website (Spanish)
Road Map 2020
- Launch GFCS (mainnet)
- Release Windows wallet (v1.0)
- Release Linux wallet (v1.0)
- Release macOS wallet (v1.0)
- Release Android wallet (v1.0)
- System-wide evaluation
- Launch platform (release candidate)
- Actively approach organizations operating in the death care industry to create mutual benefits
- Platform (general availability)
- Release Windows wallet (v2.0)
- Release Linux wallet (v2.0)
- Release macOS wallet (v2.0)
- Release Android wallet (v2.0)
The final quarter of 2019, we focus primarily on developing the platform, visiting blockchain events, and new exchange listings. In 2020 we will focus mainly on launching GFCS on the mainnet and on partnerships with organizations operating in the death care industry with the aim to onboard them on the Global Funeral Care platform.
Global Funeral Care does not only focus on organizations in 2020. In the third quarter of 2019 we launched a referral program and made 10,000 places available for users who want to pre-register for the Beta version of the Global Funeral Care platform. We will make 240,000 extra places available in 2020.
Join our Official Channels
About Global Funeral Care
Global Funeral Care is a blockchain-based platform without entry barriers that reduces funeral costs through disintermediation. Customers can select products and services directly from retailers and raise funds through crowdfunding. The platform enables fully customizable funerals and creates economically productive relationships between organizations operating in the 109$ billion death care industry.